- Liu, W. & Devitt, A. (2014). The creation of an active learning context for a Chinese class. In O’Hagan, M. & Zhang, Q. (eds.), Conflict and Communication: A Changing Asia in a Globalising World. Bremen, Germany: EHV Academic Press. (under review)
- Liu, W. & Devitt, A. (2014). Activating empathy: Language teacher training through a Chinese course. In Li, L. & Xing, M. (eds.), Innovation and Consolidation in Learning and Teaching Chinese. London: Cypress Books. (in press)
- Liu, W. & Devitt, A. (2013). The role of students in a power sharing context: A study of the development of a Chinese teacher’s identity. In Xing, M. & Li, L. (eds.), Developing Pedagogies for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language in Higher Education (pp.45-54).London: Sinolingua.
- Liu, W. & Devitt, A. (2012). The use of peer teaching in a Chinese classroom. In Dian, H. & Xing, M. (eds.), Innovations in Teaching and Learning Chinese as a Foreign Language (pp.145-154). London: Sinolingua.
- Li, L. & et al (2012). Localisation and promotion of Chinese language, culture and teaching materials in Irish secondary schools. In Dian, H. & Xing, M. (eds.), Innovations in Teaching and Learning Chinese as a Foreign Language (pp.276-287). London: Sinolingua.
- Liu, W. (2010). 欧洲语言学习夹与自主学习汉语(The European Language Portfolio and Learning Chinese). In Xu, J. (ed.), A Selection of Papers from the 9th International Symposium on Chinese Language Teaching (pp.647-650). Beijng: Higher Education Press.
- Liu, W. & Devitt A. (2014). Using Reciprocal Peer Coteaching to developing learner autonomy: an action research project with a beginners’ Chinese class. InMansfield, G & Little, D. (eds.), Language Learning in Higher Education, Journal of the European Confederation of Language Centres in Higher Education (CercleS). (Special issue on East Asian languages in Higher Education). Berlin: De Gruyter. (under review)
- Liu, W. & Devitt A. (2013). Autonomous learners and transformative practitioners: The implementation of peer teaching in a language teacher training course. The International Journal of Adult, Community and Professional Learning, 19 (1), pp.27-36. Champaign, IL: Common Ground Publishing.
- Liu, W. (2014). The case of Zhao C. In Zhao, S. & Yao, X. (eds.), The Language Situation in China (volume 2) (pp.229-237). Berlin: De Gruyter. (in press)
- Liu, W. (2014). The international dissemination of Chinese language. In Zhao, S. & Yao, X. (eds.), The Language Situation in China (volume 2) (pp.53-64). Berlin: De Gruyter. (in press)
- Liu, W. (2013). An investigation into Chinese lettered words. In Li, Y. & Li, W. (eds.), The Language Situation in China (volume 1) (pp.221-236). Berlin: De Gruyter.
- Liu, W. (2013). The use of characters for Chinese names. In Li, Y. & Li, W. (eds.), The Language Situation in China (volume 1) (pp.289-296). Berlin: De Gruyter.
- Liu, W. (2004). Catastrophe, Play, Crap’s Last Tape (by Samuel Beckett); The Commitments (by Roddy Doyle). Department for Arts, Sport & Tourism, Ireland. (Unpublished)
- Liu, W. & Devitt, A. (2013). Encouraging student participation: A study of the implementation of coteaching in a Chinese course. Conflict and Communication: a Changing Asia in a Globalizing World (The 5th Annual Conference of the Asian Studies Ireland Association). Dublin City University, Ireland, 15-16 November 2013.
- Liu, W. & Devitt, A. (2013). Activating empathy: Language teacher training through a Chinese course. The 11th BCLTS International Conference on Innovation and Consolidation in Learning and Teaching Chinese. The University of Nottingham, UK, 03–05 July 2013.
- Liu, W. & Devitt, A. (2012), The role of the native speaking student-teachers in a collaborative peer teaching context, The 10th BCLTS International Symposium on Learning Chinese as a Foreign Language in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, UK, 11–13 July 2012.
- Liu, W. & Devitt, A. (2012). Action research and Chinese language teacher training. The 11th International Conference on Chinese Language Teaching. Xi’an, China, 16–17 August 2012. (accepted)
- Liu, W. & Devitt, A. (2011). Peer Teaching and Teaching Chinese. 1st Interdisciplinary Linguistics Conference. Queen’s University Belfast, UK, 14–15 October 2011.
- Liu, W. (2011). The Creation of a Transformative Learning Context: The Use of Peer Teaching within the ML Chinese Course at the School of Education in Trinity College Dublin. Tradition, Transformation and Creation: A Knowledge Sharing Forum for Educational Research. The School of Education, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, 18 June 2011.
- Devitt, A. & Liu, W. (2010). “学教相长法在对外汉语教学中的使用” (The implementation of ‘Learning by Teaching’ in tearning Chinese as a foreign language). The First Teachers College, Columbia University Roundtable in Second Language Studies (TCCRISLS). New York, USA, 01–02 October, 2010. (accepted)
- Devitt, A., Girvan, C., Liu, W. & McLoughlin, H. (2010). Vocabulary Development in a Virtual World: the Role of Virtual Realia. EUROCALL Conference 2010 (European Association for Computer-Assisted Language Learning). Bordeaux, France, 08–11 September 2010.
- Liu, W. (2009). A Report on the Use of Chinese Language Portfolio. China: Back to the Centre? (Second Annual Conference of the Association for Chinese Studies in Ireland). The School of Languages, Dublin Institute of Technology, 07 February 2009.
- Liu, W. (2007). Chinese Buddhists in Globalised Ireland. Rising China in the Age of Globalisation: The Inaugural International Conference of the UCD Confucius Institute for Ireland. UCD. (Conference poster)
- Liu, W. (2014). The Exploration of Reciprocal Peer Coteaching in a Chinese Course: An Action Research Project on Language Teacher Education. Trinity College Dublin. (PhD thesis)
- Liu, W. (2008). A Study of Ivan Bunin’s Enlightenment through his Travel Writings. Trinity College Dublin. (M.Litt. thesis)